Saturday, May 10, 2008

GE Job Shadow





Left Top: We were having a look on their process to maintenance the engines.
Right Top: Arrive GE
Left: Group photo before leaving
Happy Sunday!!Actually I love Saturday more than Sunday because today will be continue to busy >.<>
Last week was a super busy week cause I have heaps of assignments, tutorials and presentation. I was a bit lag in doing all those and totally forgot about tutorials obviously.
Last friday (9/5/2008) I was all day out from my home from 10.00 till 12.00a.m. Don't think I was going out for fun~instead I had my FIM presentation in the morning and it was well done, luckily^^ I am afraid I did it too fast.
After that, I had a brand new experience in the afternoon. Sher Li, Evonne and I were selected to go for GE Job shadow. GE is the name of the company that do maintenances and services for aircraft's engines and its main customer is MAS. There were about 20 persons and many of them come from other programs such as A-Level, Lanchester, so I don't know them much. We are allocated to different managers from different department. I was assigned to six sigma (quality control department) initially but the manager was not free. Mekay, a guy from Lanchester (forgot his name) and I were shadow-ing the EHS(Environment and Health and Safety) leader and found out what he does everyday. Basically they are concerned about the environment and do a lot of protection to the environment besides providing services, and every staff's health and safety. The great thing was I saw a lot of huge machines cost millions dollar in GE, probably won't see them again in my whole life. Their structures are very complicated and costly that's why we have to be careful. The outcome for damage a little thing probably lead to a big lost. It was amazing and exciting! Our mentor, Steven, is a very kind and friendly person, he talks very fast and briefed us a lot of things during the time we meet him. Although it may not help me (because I am accounting/finance students), I am glad to gain experience from him. I feel that he is a very responsible employee and full of awareness to everything, that's how he completes his jobs effectively. We got about 1 hour to ask him everything but still unable to ask some of my quesries due to the shortage of time. Finally we finished everything after listened to other groups' presentations and took 1 group photo (will be uploaded later on).

This was not the end yet. Right after we arrived Sunway we got to attend another event continuously. What was that? It was the fairwell party held by SCSC (sunway CPA Australia student charter) because our advisor will no longer be the advisor and some of the seniors are going to graduate soon. Actually I am not very familiar with them but we have built friendships during "Get together night" event through playing games and also met in the meeting time. The BBQ party was held in Indah Villa and it was super hot without a fan @@. We were all sweating and tyring to heat the fire. It tooks quite a long time to settle everything. Food was just nice with barbecue chicken wings and drumsticks, mashmallow, potatoes, BBQ fish and sotongs and some snacks with drinks. Some funny pics are taken by them and maybe it was too hot, people started to get so excited and threw each other into the swimming pool =P. I don't mind to get into the pool if I have prepared some clothes~luckily they didn't really throw me into if not I will be all wet when going back.

It was a great day and I feel lucky to be a member of this group. Sometimes activities can brighten our days rather than keep studying and work hard with the assignments. But it is time to take rest now have to store some energy to handle all those works again. Ohhh......



No comments:

 

xanga statistics
Message Boards